Hard knot on the ankles after a hit long back keeps paining, pops at time. Should be worried ?

Hi, about 2/3 years ago i got hit on the back of my ankle just above my heel. it felt like it might of broken my ankle but was ok a day or two later. a hard knot (almost feels like bone) formed & hasnt gone away... its hurt off & on since, tends to pop at times, a few times its felt like somethings gettin caught & i cant seem to flex my foot out... but most the time it feels fine! I woke up this morning & could hardly walk... i dont rem hitting or hurting it last night?!?! is this something i should worry about?!
Asked On : Wed, 8 Aug 2012