Hard knot behind neck, pain radiating to shoulders, back, head, tension headache. Cure?

Hi, I am getting worried. I have had a hard knot on the back of my neck for a year. didnt use to bother me much but over the past few months my neck was hurt everyday and now for the past two or three weeks my neck is killing me sending pain to my shoulders back and whole head causing me to have a tension headach 24/7 I cant even really sleep anymore now cause i am in pain and cant get comfortable
Asked On : Mon, 22 Oct 2012
you should take good advice orthopedic doctor.without examination of knot nobody tell you that what happaned ?otherwise you can do x-ray cervical region AP,LAT View,than tell me your report on my mail /phone.
Dr Neeraj gupta M.D(Hom)