Hard hit on ear and getting pain. Suspected for hole in the eardrum. Should I go for operation?

hi, i am 24 yrs female..i have got a slap from my male friend as we had a i have ear pain inside my ear feels as if there is some air block..been 4 days . doctor said there is a big hole in the eardrum and asked me to wait for 3 months until its healed by itself else i should go 4 a operation. but he dint prescribe any medicines which would heal my ear drum tissue or help me build a eardrum tissue..what do i do?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013