Hard, growing lump on the head, feels to be full with thick gel. What treatment should be taken?

I have a hardish, nonmovable lump growing on top of my head - imagine trying to stand on your head... it s right there (visible under hair less than an inch from my forehead hairline). I ve had it for years and it has grown to where it is visible now and alters how my hair falls. I d say it s at least the diameter of a quarter, maybe a bit larger and maybe a 1/2 inch tall. Years ago (I d say 5 or 6?) my family doctor said it was a fatty tumor and nothing to worry about and he could remove it. I chose not to have it done as it wasn t a bother. It is now. It s hard, but not rock hard. I can push on it and if feels as if it has a very thick gel in it, but it s quite secure to the spot. What kind of doctor should I see about this that could remove it with the most minimal permanent scarring and damage to my hair line? Thanks!
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013