Hard bump on left backside of left heel, rough and dry skin, pain while walking. How can I get rid of it?

I have a hard bump on the left backside of my left heel, I can t remember when I first got it but i believe it to be over a year ago, I never had it looked at or treated it for anything because i really didn t pay attention to it, but then it started to hurt, and has been hurting for some time now. hurts when I put my shoe on or take it off, hurts when I walk on it and it even hurts if i m laying on the couch and have it directly against the couch. at first i believe it was a bump now it doesn t protrude out as much i think because of walking on it for so long, but if i run my finger over it the middle dimples i m and the skin is very rough and dry. its probably about the size of my pinky nail. What is it and how can i get it to go away?
Asked On : Sat, 10 Nov 2012