Hard bony lump formed on side of toe with blisters. Severe pain, swelling. Cure?

Hard bony lump formed on side of 2nd toe between 2nd and third toe. Was not painful but caused blisters to form on third toe from rubbing when I hiked. Went to my primary and she sent me for an xray . The xray tech spread the 2nd and third toes apart and taped them to take the xray. Two days later the pain started and built to be quite painful. My toe is now red swollen and redness spreading to top of foot and quite painful and throbbing. I have iced and soaked and after buddy taping 2nd and third toe together the pain has decreased slightly. A referral was sent to a podiatrist but I can t call until tomorrow and don t know how long it will take to get an appt. I feel sure the pain and swelling came as a result of the xray tech spreading the does apart. Should I tough it out until I can get an appt. with the podiatrist or go to urgent care? Thank you
Asked On : Thu, 22 Nov 2012