Hard bone-like lump below collar bone.It is on sternum, wider than normal rib, can't move, not painful. What could it be?

I noticed a hard bone-like lump below my collar bone (i am thinking the top rib) It feels as hard as bone, it is unmoveable, and pretty much has the same contour as a rib but feels a lot different from the right side as it protrudes more, the left side of that area is flat. It starts pretty much on my sternum then extends to the left about 2 inches, then the area is flat again. It feels like it might be wider than a normal rib too. I can t move it around. It is non-painful, but i am not sure since when I have it. I would just like an idea as to what this could be.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jun 2012