Hard, black seed like thing with pus and blood on squeezing a boil on the back. Reason?

Over the past few days, a medium sized boil-like erruption with a very dark center has appeared in the center of my back in an area I cannot reach. It began to become uncomfortable, so after a shower, I asked my husband to take a look. He pressed around the area and a small amount of pus came out of center. As he continued to press, a very hard black seed-like thing popped out of the center of the boil. Then clear, bright red blood came out. We were most confused about the seed-like thing and what it could be. The pressure in my back has subsided and we put neosporin and a bandaid on it for healing . Any idea what the seed thing might be?
Asked On : Fri, 6 Apr 2012
Hello and welcome to Healthcaremagic.com.

When a gland becomes plugged with epidermal debris (dead skin cells), an infection may setup in the clogged pore. Your husband, by pressing on the area, opened the clogged pore releasing the infection. Also, a black seed-like plug that was obstructing the pore was ejected.

Be well,
Dr. Kimberly