Hanging growth from the rectum after a bowel movement. What is it? Had a colon resection to removed a polyp

I just had a normal bowel movement , but was SHOCKED to stand up and have a long, flat, sort of stretchy brown piece of something hanging from my rectum! It was brown like stool , sort of shiny, and sort of stretchy. It was about the size of a large flat piece of linguine pasta, maybe 8 to 10 inches long. It looked like it had a seam down the middle the long way. I could NOT see any small segments. What could this be? Lining of the colon? I had a small colon resection to remove a benign polyp , and appendectomy while she was there. Could I be passing old lining of the colon? Help?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013