Hands swollen, puffy and red. Why do Ankles burn? What is wrong?

I have a managerie of quirky symptoms. My hands are mildly swollen and fingers are red and puffy to the first joint . The rest of the fingers are normal color but cool and stiff. Hands are always stiff and they are usaully asleep when i wake in the morning. It takes several hours for them to wake up. My waste has an amonia like smell to it but urine is normal color and my phsical bloood and urine say everything is perfect. My feet do not detect heat well. I get into a bath thinking the water is fine then suddenly feel my ankles burning. My left big toe often has enough pain that it feels like it won t bend, creating a weird gate to compensate for the pain. sometimes I have shooting pains thrrough the first 2 toes on both feet and the joints have a bluish cast to them.
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012
The swelling and redness in the joints is suggestive of an inflammation in the joints. This can be due to arthritis. Few blood investigations and X-ray will help in diagnosis.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,