Hands have funny odor, drying and are sweaty after using a tanning lotion. What is going on?

I ve noticed lately that my hands have a funny odor. It reminds me of the smell of fake tanning lotion (which I do not use). I don t have dry hands or excessively sweaty palms. And I wash my hands appropriately (i.e. not too much, but when needed). I can smell it through the day. It is not my imagination because my husband can smell it too when I put my hands up to his nose . Any ideas what this could be?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013

You are right.

You are having unusual odour on palms.

I think , It is most probably due to reaction of sweat with the bacteria on your palms.

Take a short course of antibiotics.

Apply and rub antibiotic cream on palms.

Wash the hands in dettol containing water.

Rule out DM,HIV, anaemia,renal diseases and other internal diseases by investigations.

I hope you got my answer.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD