Hands and feet get cold, sweat profusely after smoking medical marijuana. Cause?

Hello doctor, I occasionally smoke medical marijuana to aid anxiety . However, when I smoke, I find that my hands and feet become extremely cold , and I sweat more from these places. My partner is pretty concerned for me. In the past, I ve had poor circulation, and occasionally my toes and sometimes fingers would turn blue, especially when they are cold. I m worried whether the marijuana is affecting my circulation, although I can t understand how it would be related. Any light shed would be fantastic! Thanks, Karen
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns. It is not uncommon to have these symptoms of having cold hands and feet and profuse sweating with the usage of medical marijuana. I also believe that the circulation can be affected with the overuse of marijuana among many other medical side effects. Please consult a psychiatrist or the doctor that prescribed the medical marijuana as to what would the appropriate dose be. I hope the psychiatrist can help you navigate through the right dose of medications.

I hope this helps. Take care and have a lovely day!