Hand surgery, have post-op cast bandage, get frequent hear rashes on top of arm above bandage. Should I take treatment?

i just had hand surgery and am in post-op cast bandaging. i keep getting what looks like a heat rash on arm at top of bandaging and higher up on my arm. Sometimes it pictures a bit. Is this something I should let my surgeon know about. What can I do to prevent it. I ve been holding my arm and very awkward positions because of the weight of the postoperative materials and casting.
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012