Hand shivering. What can I do to stop it?

Hi , iam 26 years old ,i work as chef and for an chef his hand work is important i dont know y my hands and fingers shevares alot at the time of work and even when carry any little objects the problem of shevaring is more ,at begining the problem was little but now problem is more ,so please any one can suggest me what i can do to stop this as it is very shameful in front of my colleges at work.
Asked On : Tue, 5 Jun 2012
Thanks for writing to health care magic!

After reading your question it is evident that you have tremors in hand, especially when you try to hold something.

Had I been at your place I would go for an MRI brain, blood counts to see if there is anything else.
you have not told about the duration of the problem but I don't think it is from childhood, which rules out essential tremors. nor have you mentioned anything about any parents having this symptoms.

It is something related to CNS system, but one cannot pinpoint without investigations.

I would advice you to visit a neurologist without much delay to nip the problem in the bud.
Hope this answer helps you in getting better
Feel free to ask more.