Hand shaking on holding a book, recurring episodes. Family history of Parkinson. Treatment?

I am 56 year old woman in pretty good health. Lately I have noticed that when I hold a book or paper my hand begins to shake. It will not completely stop if I lower my arm to rest on a surface but does seem to go away until I again hold a paper or book outstretched to read. My husband has started to notice and is worried about Parkinsons. My grandmother had P in her later years
Asked On : Thu, 30 Aug 2012
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Dear
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

I went through your problem description. I think you should not worry too much about this. This could be due to so many reasons. You can check yourself. Hold your both the arms fully extended and stretched and fingers open stretch and extended. Hold for two minutes and see they are shaking too much. If yes, you should consult a physician.

Parkinson is definitely a genetic problem but it gets more easily if it is paternal. Before confirming you should consult a doctor.

Hope this clears your doubts. Available for further clarifications.
Get well soon.