Hand injury while playing volleyball. Bruise, pain, no swelling. What is wrong?

I have a really specific pain and I hope someone can help me out. About a week ago I was playing volleyball and smashed the bottom of my hand on the ground when diving. It was painful at the time but the initial pain went away with a small bruise which also disappeared. Now i feel a sharp pain when I squeeze my hand into a fist or grab objects at a certain angle. There s not bruising a swelling and the pain is intense but short-lived. Do you have any idea what could be wrong?
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013