Hand injury. Painful bruise, swelling. Cannot lift heavy things. What should I do now?

Hi, I hit my hand 4 years ago with the door handle, then I got very painful bruise and swell: Without any treatment it got l less. But until today I can not use my arm completely. I can not lift heavy things etc. I can not reach my back with this arm: From yesterdag It started to hurt in a strange way. The pain is on the place I hit it with door handle. By the way it was someone who opened the door so hard and hit my arm and almost broke it: Wat should I do now?
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
PRICE (protection, rest, ice, compression, elevation) may be followed for the first 48 hours to decrease pain and swelling.
Heat may be applied after the first 24 to 48 hours in the form of hot soaks, hot showers, heating pads, heat lamps, heat liniments or ointments, or a hot whirlpool bath to promote flexibility and painless gentle stretching of affected muscles. Analgesics may be taken to relieve pain.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.