Hand injured in split banister, fragments inside, not bleeding, stitches?

hi, i just injured my hand on a split banister, it stabed me in between my index finger and my thumb and though i removed most of the wood fragments ( the largest almost a cm long) there may still be some fragments inside the wound . although its not bleeding at all anymore (stopped in 5 minutes or so) it is about an inch long surface penetration wise with a cm of deep penetration into the wound. should i go get stitches?
Asked On : Thu, 12 Apr 2012
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist 's  Response
This wound should be examined by a doctor in the ED as there may still be splinters of wood in it which could cause infection if left. I suggest you see a doctor. You may need antibiotics and the doctor will be able to determine whether the wound needs sutures.
Dr K A Pottinger,