Hand, finger stiffness, deformed index and pinky finger. Osteoarthritis surgery done on thumb. Healing time?

i have recently 3 months ago had osteoarthritis surgury on my thumb . i have since suffered with extreme hand & finger stiffness and my index & little finger are becoming deformed looking, My surgeon just keeps telling me it could take up to 12 months to completely heal, but my hand seems to be getting worse rather than better, Should I consider a second opinion at this point. I also had triffer release on my thumb.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013