Hamartoma, done surgery. Lump in neck. Is there any corolation between the spleen and new thyroid problem?

I am 56 year old female. Healthy expect I need to loose some weight. I had a splenectomy done last year. Had pain and went to ER then a large growth was noted. Diagnosis was a Hamartoma. I have recooperated well. I am now 7 months post surgery and just identified a lump in my neck. 3.4cm Thyroid nodule . Ultrasound done with recommendation of a fine needle aspiration. Is there any corolation between the spleen and new thryoid problem
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013