Hair thinning. Is this just the aging process or something else?

Dear Doctor, I m a 54 male and I ve noticed that my hair above my locks has noticeably got thinner in the last four months, I ve alway had rather fine blonde hair, but it has got much thinner especially in the already mentioned area, and takes very little force whatsoever to make it fall out. Is this just the ageing process or something else possibly please?? I m on prescription painkillers and beta blocker for many years now. But like I say the thinking has only become very noticeable in the last four months. Thank You. Brian.
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012