Hair loss with white tips, hair thinning, white flakes on scalp. Will hair re-grow?

female 29 yrs old every time i run my hand on my hair i have lots of fallen hair with white tips. I have not dyed my hair in three months and the fallen hair does not have my root color its like a lighter shade than my natural color. I noticed it began three months ago so I stopped straightening it as well. I dont think I have dandruff but more like large flakes after I wash and it dries and drandruff shampoo has not made a difference. My main concern is the white tips on the fallen hair will that regrow? I do not have any bald spots but my hair does feel thinner and I wash every 3 days.Its stressing me out My hair is all over the house.
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012