Hair loss over the crown area due to formation of thick layer causing intense itching. What further tests and treatment should be taken? <br>

Hello Doctor , I am 32 yrs old & I am facing hair loss problem on crown area from last 3-4 years. There is no background of hair loss before 45-50 yrs in our family. From last 2 years I was thinking to have dandruff problem , but few months back I start noticing a thick layer getting created on my crown area which is something more than dandruff & my hair loss started when I started having itiching on my scalp from last 3-4 years. I applied Minoxidil , took multi- vitamins (X-Glow), Keraglo Forte & few other tablets but not of much use. What sort of test I should go through & moreover is the hair density loss is due to some fungal infection or similar disease then either it can be regained to some extent if disease/infection is cured.
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012