Hair loss in patches, scars on scalp, diagnosed as lichen planus. Prescribed steroids. What could be its side effects?

Hi, I am facing loss hair loss in patches with scars on my scalp. I also had a history of mouth ulcers few years back. Condition was diagnosed as lichen planus . Doctor recommended some steroids (Betnasol forte) for 3 months (10 mg of steroid per week) along with some calcium tablets and antacids. Can you please explain the side effects of taking steroid for such long time as well as the surity of disease to be cured. Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012