Hair loss during pregnancy. History of high blood pressure. Does hair loss accelerate in menopause?

After I had delievered (what is apparently going to be my only baby ~sigh~) at the weeks following her birth, I noticed that my once thick coarse hair had thinned so much 6 weeks post delivery I cold see my scalp . I understand about babycap...but this was more than that. I still have not fully recovered all my hair and my child is now 7. I did have high blood pressure develop in the pregnancy and I was switched to a different BP bill than when I had been pregnant...and that pill was known to cause hair loss . I had a Dr tell me it was Male Pattern Baldness many women who are pregnant and post delivery within 6 weeks have male pattern baldness. Now that I am 44 and I am getting closer to menopause , I am worried that the hair loss will excelerate. Can someone please point me in the right direction. I did have blood work done at that time to check tyroid and hormone levels but all said it was ok. Hoping someone can help!!
Asked On : Sun, 8 Jul 2012