Hair follicle infection. Using hydrocloicsteriod cream. How to get rid?

Doctor my granddaughter (20 months) has been plagued the past three months with what the doctor called a hair follicle infection . Her mother was told that children get this by the pediatrican, and by keeping it clean and putting small amounts of hydrocloicsteriod (sp?) cream on it would get better, and by letting it run its course. I don t agree. How do we get rid of this so this child can have some releif from the constant iching?
Asked On : Fri, 20 Apr 2012