Hair falling more than normal, burning sensation in head and headaches. What can it be?

Hi, My name is Angeliki and Iam 27 years old.The last months i noticed that my hair was falling more than normal.Yesterday as my hair is a lot by chance discovered that I had a big space where there was not hair at all.Iam stressed out as I feel a burning sensation in my head especially in the bald area and lately I had headaches that never before had.Can you give an idea what can be?Iam going to hospital tomorrow as I cant stand this burning in my head and Iam afraid that this can happen to all my head and maybe is more serious than hair lost. Thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012
Thanks for posting the qwery.
This hair loss can be alopecia areata which is of unknown origin and aggravated due to stress also.
Dermatological evaluation is mandatory and also hypertension or high blood pressure should be ruled out as hypertension may be the cause for headache and aggravation of this kind of alopecia or hair loss.
Proper blood investigations and physical examination is required for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Hope for speedy recovery.
Dr Sandeep