Hair fall, weak hair roots, itching. Upset stomach, hampered digestion. Drinker, occasional smoker. How to arrest hairfall?

I am having severe hair fall and my hair roots are so weak that the moment I scratch lightly while itching, hair is coming out and I am almost getting bald in the frontal portion. I am 45 now and the hair fall was severe when I was 18 which stopped for quiet some years. Now I somehow need to arrest the hair fall. I keep trimmed hair and do not brush with the fear that it might lead to more fall. My stomach is also remaining upset and I feel that digestion is hampered. I am a drinker and occasional smoker. Thanks and regards Sanjeev Das
Asked On : Sun, 18 Nov 2012