Had yellow stools, get a funny sensation, mild pain in stomach. Was on diet to lose weight. Reason for yellow stools?

I have yellow stools , First I get a funny sensation all over my body that makes me feel bad for a few minutes, then it seems to be a mild pain in my stomach or abdomin. After that I have to go to the restroom, then my stool normally appears yellow. On ocassion my stool fluids were yellow and the stool was light brown, it varies. I was also on a diet during this time, but still seem to be loosing weight (1-2 lbs). My wife caught a stomach virus from her family and has been dealing with that. I m not sure if I have attracted her virus or if I have a whole new condition.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Jun 2012