Had wrist surgery, stopped taking percocet, ibuprofen, started exlax, stool softener and have constipation. Explain

How long can constipation last before it is serious? I had wrist surgery a week ago today due to an injury incurred 4 days prior. I stopped taking Percocet and 600 mg Ibuprophen a couple days ago. I started with Exlax and stool softener two days ago. Since the injury, I ve had difficulty with the three bowel movements since with little waste removed. It is very uncomfortable and I am concerned.
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013