Had wisdom teeth removed, had dry sockets removed, advised to do it myself. Any home remedy ?

i had my wisdom teeth removed almost 2 weeks ago, and on friday i went into the office to get my dry sockets packed. He did it in the office and told me to do it my self that night and that following evening. He gave me 4 syringes, 2 with and i quote my dentist , some brown shit , and another 2 with some clear sealant in it. now i ran out of both things and i was wondering if i can pack it with something thats over the counter or maybe a home remedy?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013