Had wisdom teeth removed. Metallic taste in mouth, tongue feels burnt and dry. Anything you recommend?

Hi Doc. I had my 4 wisdom teeth removed a year ago, but since then, the left side of my tongue has this constant metallic taste, that changes every now and again from bitter, to sweet, to sour, and salty. My dentist said the nerve was stretched causing trauma to the left side of my tongue when he was removing my lower left wisdom teeth. He said it would resolve overtime, but its been over a year now, and even when I went back to the dental office, he could not recommend any medication etc. To help with my symptoms. The left side of my tongue feels even burnt, and some days extremely dry. Its been constantly changing weeks at a time for the past year. Is there anything you can recommend I do to cure this injury. I would really really appreciate it. I barely make it through the day sometimes. I look forward to your reply.
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012