Had wisdom teeth removed. Irritated stitches, redness, soreness. Is tingling cheek a sign of nerve damage?

I got my wisdom teeth out on dec 18th, both on the top and one on the bottom left. Recovery has been going ok until today. All stitches (top and bottom) on the left side are very irritated, red and sore. The top stitch is loose and a string is hanging in my mouth. My left cheek is tingling and left teeth are sore. Could I have an infection? I do not have fever and have not noticed any discharge/ pus . I slacked a bit with the salt water rinses since this morning. Is there any chance the tingling is a sign of nerve damage?? the tingling only started a few hours ago.
Asked On : Thu, 27 Dec 2012