Had wisdom teeth extracted, aching, pus oozing out. Is it minor infection?

Hello. My other three wisdom teeth (top and bottom left) have all come in straight and I have not needed to have them removed but my lower right wisdom tooth is cutting through the gums right now and for the past 9 days, I have experienced some aching near the site. (Nothing too severe, mostly just a dull ache.)

For the past 5 days, I have had some pus oozing out from underneath the gum where the wisdom tooth is erupting. The pain is mostly gone, but I am wondering what I can do to bring the bad-tasting/ smelling pus flow to a halt. I do no feel the need to go to the dentist or doctor since it appears to be improving day by day.

What would your suggestions be? Do I require antibiotics for this minor infection?

Thank you!

Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013