Had white tonsil stones on my tonsils, cough. Is it bad bacteria build up?

Hi! I recently had white tonsil stones on my tonsils the past day. No symtoms of some sort, just coughing. So today I used the waterpik and got the stone removed. However, there is a hole bigger then the other gland that it bigger. I have never had a tonsil stone before. Do you know the cause? I wear a night guard that I usually don t brush and sometimes I don t brush my teeth at night. Do you think this causes bacteria build up?
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012