Had vomitting, chills, fever, runny nose after binge drinking. Flu or due to excessive drinking?

My husband drinks beer heavily. This past Friday he drank quite a bit, more on Saturday and then on Sunday he was sick, vomiting , chills, fever , and he said he thought he had the flu . He stayed home from work yesterday and was only able to hold down a little chicken noodle soup. The vomiting stopped. He went to work today and said all he had was a runny nose . I told him then that he didn t have the flu or else he wouldn t have been able to get up out of bed. I told him you can t beat your body up from binge drinking beer and expect it to bounce back like you were 18 yrs. old. He said it s not the alcohol and I say it is. Can you please weigh in on this. Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013