Had vomiting, subsided with medicine, now has phlegm. Have diabetes, taking insulin. What is it?

My mom is 72 and a diabetic patient for last 2 years. She takes insulin twice daily. Three days ago, she suddenly started vomiting whenever she was trying to eat and so, we showed to a doctor. Doctor prescribed medicine for vomiting and to cut down the gas/acidic elements in her body. Vomiting has reduced now to only once a day but we are noticing phlegm when she throw. We are very concern about confused!!!

Could you kindly explain what is going on and if there is anything to be worried?
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013