Had varicocele embolization done due to swelling and pain in testicle. Why can I not lie on stomach?

I had a varicocele embolization done due to large swelling and bad pain in my left testicle but only when standing and got progressively worse the longer I stood up, pain and swelling goes away when sitting or lying down. It’s been almost 2 years ago and since I had the operation and although it had worked and my testicle has stopped swelling up and pain in testicle had gone, I ve been in pain constantly with my left side which has got worse over the 2 year period and is spreading to my back and down my leg which is more of a dull ache, but my side I can t touch, if my side get’s knocked it flares up and becomes almost unbearable, I have really trouble getting comfortable, feels like someone using me as a dart board from the inside, nothing seems to help with pain only takes it down a notch. I ve had urine tests, blood test s been referred to a colorectal surgeon which comes back negative or normal. I feel my life has been wasted with suffering and pain and can t take much more getting to the end of my tether. All I can manage to do is stay at home, I m 25 now and at what should be my prime going out with mate s, getting girlfriends can’t get an erection or even feel like bothering and even if I do once in a blue moon so to speak I can’t keep it up for long so basically all is out of the question, I’m not an overly active person but not lazy either but now the highlight of my day is watching tv which is uncomfortable but only thing I can manage to do, night time offers little relief although I can t sleep very well, if I roll over on my left side all I get is pain which keeps me awake, I can t lie on my stomach for same reason and now pain spreading to my back, what‘s going to be left to lie on. What s even worse is now in the last week the vein has come back although it take s longer to become fully swollen it hurt s just as bad as it did before I had my operation, started to hurt more and get worse since seeing the colorectal surgeon who pushed on my left side hard which I didn’t expect as told him it hurt to touch and it really hurt a lot which I think has made it worse, and now I ve got more pain on top of what I ve been dealing with for the past 2 years so now really becoming **** All I can say is HELP
Asked On : Wed, 19 Sep 2012
Feb 2016
HI. Thanks for the History nicely provided. It looks your varicocele has recurred and it is better to undergo a conventional operation for this to alleviate your pain. But before that you must undergo MRI of the spine and of scrotum as your pain is so severe and may be not related to varicocele alone.