Had vaginal infection. Took clotrimazole cream. Medical cure for this?

I am in the 24th week of pregnancy and got infected by vaginal infection. Doctor advised to use both clotrimazole cream as well as tablet for vaginal injection

I am ok to use cream, but skeptic to use tablet inside the vagina as have a feel it may cause side effect. Please clarify whether its common to use the tablet? Is any side effect has been known so far on the same during pregnancy?

What will happen if i use only cream and not tablet continously?
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013