Had urinary infection. Having itching even after drinking enough water. Take syrup Alkasol?

hey, I had a urinary infection about two weeks ago.. and the doctor had advised me to drink a lot of water because the itching was due to dryness.. after drinking about 2-3 litres of water daily I had kind of recovered but from last two days I m again going through some itching! and my exams are getting closer so I dont want to loose my concentration! please suggest me some less strong antibiotics/medicines to prevent the itching! and tell me if I can again start having a syrup Alkasol which the doctor had prescribed earlier..
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013