Had unsafe sex. On new birth control. Missed period, heavy bleeding, cramps. What is going on?

yes i have been on a new birth control and i am suppose to get me period in 2 weeks, the kind i am on is that i am suppose to get my period every 3months but now i am bleeding not heavy by wnough where i have to wear a tampoon , it s a bright red and brown, and heavy cramps in the am , i am thinking about stopping it i am not please with the results . I have not missed a pill and i had unprotected sex last week but i wasnt bleeding yet, i just dont know what to do, is it ok to stop it i have been on it for 6 months 2 diffrent times

Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013