Had unprotected sex, was on pill. Suffered abdominal pain. Diagnosed bladder infection and PID, took antibiotics. Later had thrush and yeast infection. HIV test negative. What could be the reason for yeast infection and treatment?

Hello Doctors, In January of this year I slept with a guy (one night stand) unprotected, at the time I was on contraception (Trigestrel) one week later I suffered terrible abdominal pain , I went to see the doctor and he dignosed me with a bladder infection and PID. I was put onto 2 antibiotics , after they were finished i had developed a yeast infection , he told me to go onto Fluconozol, the next week I suffered a bladder infection and went onto antibiotics. Since then I have suffered a yeast infection which has been bothering me for the past 6 months. Two months ago I went to our Government clinic and they checked my womb and said that I have a bad thrush infection. They put me on a whole lot of antibiotics, vaginal tablets and cream and still yeast infection remained. Then I decided to go onto Probiotics, this controlled the situation but it has not gone fully. Every time my boyfriend and I sleep together the infection becomes worse, so I m guessing that I have given the yeast infection to him and he keeps passing it to me. I have gone for a HIV test and it was negative. I have also resorted to going off my pill thinking that, that could be the reason for my yeast infection. My question is what should I do about this situation? It also does not smell very good down there and I don t think that I have an STD and I know my partner s status. Please help if you can.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Jun 2012