Had unprotected sex, twinges in abdomen, sore breasts. Should I take a HPT?

I am two days late for my period. I had sex two days before I O ed and the day before, unprotected. I am now feeling weird twinges in my lower abdomen , seemingly heavier breast ,tired during the day and awake at night. I have also noticed the absence of certain things associated with my period,such as, very sore breast and feeling very cold , as well as cramping and loose bowels. I have not noticed any of these. I am thinking my period will come soon but I think I am just scared to do a HPT . I just need some advice on the matter. I will take a HPT if I end up being a week late.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013