Had unprotected sex, took pills. Missed periods. Are pills safe?

Hi i'm 16 and I am on the pill but recently dotted taking them throughout the week to make them last until the weekend but I took them on Thursday Friday and Saturday night, on the Sunday I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend and after continued to take my pill as usual but I have messed up the cycle in a sense that I carried on a week over than I should of done and it made me ill, but now I'm having period cramps and frequent trips to the toilet only to find blood on the tissue only when I wipe, what's going on with me?
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013