Had unprotected sex, red pimples on pelvis, popped, scabbed. STD?

My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex almost two weeks ago. We have been having sex for two years now. A couple of days after he had red almost pimple-like bumps on his pelvic area but nowhere else. Some look like they have almost popped and scabbed over. This is the first time this has ever happened and they don't seem to be spreading but I'm not really sure. He says they do not hurt or burn and he has no other symptoms, just the bumps. Could this be from friction of me rubbing on him (I have very short pubic hair) or does it sound like symptoms of an STD?
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013