Had unprotected sex, had bleeding. No fatigue or other symptoms. Could it possibly be implantation bleeding?

My last period occurred the 17th of September. My boy and I had unprotected sex on the 4th of October. I ovulated the 7th, so sex especially unprotected was very unwise. It has been 5 days after intercourse and today after practice for the sport I play I found blood. (not getting too personal) It is not exactly brown in its disposition (containing some red pigmentation), but I am not suppose to get my period for another 12 days. I figured if I was pregnant I would feel very fatigued and unable to perform well on the field, but I was absolutely fine. I have had no symptoms of pregnancy. My cycles are off sometimes. Once I even had two periods in one month. Could I possibly be pregnant and experiencing implantation bleeding, or could I be getting my period early?
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013
Hi ! Good afternoon. I am Dr Shareef answering your query.

It may not be possible to say with certainty about a pregnancy without some investigations in the early stages. If I were your doctor, instead of remaining in doubt, I would advise you for a serum HCG test followed by an ultrasound of the pelvic organs if need be for confirming if it was a pregnancy or otherwise. Depending on the report, further management will follow. I hope this clears your dilemma on whether it is a pregnancy or not.

Thanking you for using healthcaremagic forum for your health query. Wishing you all the best. Dr Shareef.