Had unprotected sex, experiencing vaginal spotting, bleeding and nauseas. Taking birth controls. Is it an UTI?

Hi, I am recently separated from my husband however approximately 10 days ago we were intimate. We did not use protection and am unsure of his whereabouts prior. I asked him beforehand if we should use protection and he stated we did not. Approximately 1 week after intercourse I began experiencing vaginal spotting/ bleeding and nausea with slight irritation. I am making a doctors appointment in the morning. My first thoughts were urinary tract infection but I am unsure. I am on birth control ( implanon ). It was inserted March 20, 2012. I have had irregular period since it was inserted and irregular bleeding the first few months.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013