Had unprotected sex, experiencing cramps, lower stomach feels really tight. Could I be pregnant ?

Hi. I had unprotected sex on the 1/02/13 and now 9 days later I m experiencing cramps , mostly on my left side and sometimes my whole lower stomach feels really tight. I was ovulating when I had sex. I already have a four year old with my partner, but I don t remember this. Could I be pregnant? My period is due on the 20/02/13.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013
May 2013
As you were in ovulatory period during the time of intercourse and as you didn't use any contraceptive measure at that time, there is possibility of pregnancy.
But just by symptoms we cannot come to one conclusion regarding the pregnancy.
Your symptoms could also be due to hormonal fluctuation in the premenstrual phase or due to pelvic infection or part of urinary tract infection.
If you are having associated symptoms like vaginal discharge, burning or pain during micturition etc, better to consult gynecologist once and get examined.
If there are no symptoms other than abdominal pain, you can take symptomatic treatment with antispasmodics.
And wait till your expected date of periods.
If you miss the periods, go for pregnancy test once.