Had unprotected sex, brown bleeding. Is this implantation bleeding?

I have been having unprotected sex and two weeks before my period i started to have a little light pink with some brown blood . It stopped and started again and lasted for a few hours. The next morning when i woke up i started to bleed more and it became bright red. It isn t as heavy as my period would usually get and there are some clots and cramps with it. I m confused. I thought at first it was implantation bleeding but i m not so sure now. Two weeks before my period this is happening and isn t as heavy as my period would normally be so do you think this could still be implantation bleeding?
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012
Jan 2016
Day of your sex; i.e. about two weeks prior to the period falls near the day of egg release. So the chances of you being pregnant are very high.
If the spotting was two weeks before the menses, it likely to happen at the time of egg release. However, such bleeding continuing and becoming heavier is rather uncommon and does not fit into the normalcy. I would advice to get thorough check up from gynae and ultrasonography also.
Unfortunately, you have not mentioned your age. This type of the bleeding then could be put under post-coital bleeding; i.e. bleeding after the intercourse. However, this will have more weightage around menopausal age, though at any time it cannot be ignored.
Somehow, from the description this appears to be the bleeding due to hormonal imbalance than anything else. Please get your gynae consultants opinion on this after clinical examination.