Had unprotected sex. Was on pills. Dark brown discharge, pain in lower back, abdomen. Should I be worried?

Hi, I started my last period on the 31st of March, a few days earlier than I was supposed to. After my period ended, I took the last of the pills in my packet since I hadn't called in my prescription yet. After I ran out of those, I hadn't taken my pills in about 4 days, and after intercourse I noticed some dark brown discharge, which I figured was just dried blood finally making its way out. However, that was yesterday afternoon, and it has continued to the point where I had to use a tampon, and have been changing it since then. The blood seems to be the consistency of normal menstrual blood, maybe a tad thinner, and there are tiny dark clots dispersed throughout. I have some pain in my lower back, which is a rare symptom for me while I'm on my period, as well as lower abdominal pain (menstrual cramps). Should I be worried? I'm not sure what's going on here. Thanks!
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013